Re: [Web MIDI API] MIDIEvent should have a port attribute

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> --
> Marcos Caceres
> http://datadriven.com.au
>

> On Sunday, 23 December 2012 at 20:34, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>
> > In situations where there are multiple sources attached to a device, it
> is important to distinguish which MIDI output emitted a particular message.
> As such, I recommend adding a port attribute to the MIDIEvent interface:
> >
> > interface MIDIPort : EventTarget {
> Whoops, I mean:
>
> interface MIDIEvent : Event {
> > readonly attribute MIDIPort port;
> > }

Yes, actually I thought that for events on an EventTarget, both "this" and
".target" would automatically be the port, but now that I checked, it seems
that only the former is true. But that being the case, I think we should
use ".target", rather than introduce a new way of reporting the target.

Cheers,
Jussi