Re: [Web MIDI API] send() method should also allow 3 shorts + timestamp

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:19:30 -0800
To: Marcos Caceres <marcosscaceres@gmail.com>
Cc: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM, Marcos Caceres
<marcosscaceres@gmail.com>wrote:

> This reminds me: why "short" instead of "byte" as the type? I raised that
> in another email as it applies generally.

No reason.  :)  Actually, no reason it's not "octet" - it should not be
"byte", because I think the conversion might cause confusion (or problems?
I don't know what happens when "0x7f" is assigned to a signed 8-bit value.)

> Agree. Could get pretty ugly. I think we should make sure examples in the
> spec always use the pattern Jussi mentioned:
>
> var data = [...]
> output.send(data);

Just to underscore that the array brackets are there in the spec examples,
you mean?  OK.

-Chris