Re: Vendor implementation status: Web MIDI API

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 10:42:03 +0100
To: public-audio@w3.org, "Jussi Kalliokoski" <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:22:36 +0100, Jussi Kalliokoski
<jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I wanted to check on the status of Web MIDI API implementation from
> browser
> vendors. As far as I know, there are no started efforts and especially
> not
> complete implementations around yet, but I'm curious to hear even if
> anyone
> has plans regarding this. I'm also curious to know which parties aren't
> planning to implement (any time soon), possible reasons, and if it's just
> that they haven't had the time to check the spec yet. Even if you aren't
> interested in the API at all (which I doubt, but be honest), I want to
> know
> so we can talk about it.
>
> If the WG is to meet the previously discussed milestones for the Web MIDI
> API, IMHO we would need at least one implementation to run against the
> spec
> to have a clearer map of the problems there might be. I know that at
> least
> Mozilla has some student project connections and I think that this spec
> might be a great target for a student project. :)

Opera hasn't done anything with the Web MIDI API, not even reviewed the
spec. In my mind it is not a priority. (I'll go on paternity leave until
June starting this Friday, so this may be the last you hear from me in a
long time.)

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer