decodeAudioData and resampling

From: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 18:17:47 -0500
To: public-audio@w3.org
The spec doesn't mention anything about whether the implementation is
supposed to resample the source audio buffer to the sample rate of the
audio context when decoding the audio.  From examining the behavior of
Chrome, I think the WebKit implementation does resample audio when
decoding, and the AudioBuffer passed to the success callback contains the
resampled data.  I can see both use cases for doing the resampling and not
doing that, but I think the most common use case (playing the AudioBuffer
back later) requires us to resample.

What do people think about this?  No matter what we end up doing, we need
to say explicitly what needs to happen in the spec.

Thanks!
--
Ehsan
<http://ehsanakhgari.org/>