Re: [Poll] Early 2013 face-to-face date and location

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:07:37 +0000
To: Audio WG <public-audio@w3.org>

On 20 Nov 2012, at 16:19, olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> Please take a minute to answer this poll on the best date and location for our upcoming face-to-face meeting:
> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/46884/f2f-2013-1/

Hi everyone,

Many thanks to all of you who answered the poll on the next face-to-face meeting. The results unequivocally showed a preference for mid/late March 2013 for the date.

As was noted during our last teleconference, SXSW is scheduled March 8-12, and we could decide to hold our meeting on the margin of that event. Given that Austin is not home to any of us though, and given that a lot of people already are travelling for both CSUN and SXSW, I am not sure it makes sense for us.

Regarding locations, there was no obvious preference for the east or west coast, although the SFO area did receive a few more votes. I will be following up with a few of you on the topic of hosting in the next few weeks.

P.S: if you have not answered the poll (shame!) but have a serious schedule conflict for mid/end March 2013, get in touch with me privately and I will see what we can do.

Thank you,
Olivier