Re: BufferSourceNode to AudioParam Connection

Hey Nick-

I believe what you are hearing is correct.  Remember, gain.gain is an
a-rate AudioParam - so you're modulating that A-440 sine wave with an
audio-rate signal, essentially "every sample".  Your drum pattern is
heavily noise-based - so that noise is modulating your sine wave every
sample, and what you get back is essentially filtered noise.  You notice it
doesn't sound precisely the same - it's essentially being filtered.  You
may notice that it's dropping any frequencies lower than 440Hz.

I think what you're trying to do is modulate your oscillator source with an
envelope follower of sorts - that is, have the oscillator "pulse" in time
with the drum beat?  We don't really have an envelope follower node today
(I've mentioned this request to Chris) - you can sort of use a
DynamicsProcessor to do it, but 1) that doesn't have an AudioNode output
that you can connect() anywhere, and 2) I recently discovered that the
reduction doesn't drop quickly enough to be super-useful for some
scenarios; that's just by design for a dynamics processor, I think.

-Chris