Re: CfC - publication of Web MIDI API as First Public WD (Was: MIDI spec updates, as per telecon)

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 14:27:05 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Hi Chris, all,

Congratulations on the First Public Working Draft of the Web MIDI API.
Looks good to me, but I have a question:

Does adding an extra ECMAScript attribute to a MIDIMessage cause any
problems for the underlying system? I've tried to find the answer to
this question in the referenced documents, but without success.

In my current, working (Jazz plug-in) application [1], some MIDIMessages
are given an extra attribute, without producing any adverse effects, but
I'd like to be sure that this is okay in the Web MIDI API as well.

All the best,
James