Re: Clarification with regard to AudioNode.numberOfInputs and AudioNode.numberOfOutputs

From: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 14:16:56 -0700
To: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yes, those are precisely what I'm talking about.  So if I understand
> things correctly, numberOfInputs and numberOfOutputs should return the
> maximum number of inputs/outputs that the node accepts.  If that's the
> case, I can submit a patch to fix the spec to mention this explicitly.

That sounds fine to me if you think the current wording is unclear.  But,
right now I think it's already explicit:

For example, right now, in the AudioChannelSplitter description it states:

"
There are always a total number of N outputs (determined by the
numberOfOutputs parameter to the AudioContext method createChannelSplitter()
"

I guess the AudioChannelMerger section could include something similarly
explicit.