Re: Clarification with regard to AudioNode.numberOfInputs and AudioNode.numberOfOutputs

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan.akhgari@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Let's imagine that a given AudioNode supports up to N inputs.  What should
> the numberOfInputs attribute return if the node has M inputs (M <= N) bound
> to it?  Specifically, the relationship between which slots in the node's
> inputs are connected and which whether numberOfInputs should only count
> those is not clear in the current spec.  And the equivalent question is
> applicable to numberOfOutputs.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Ehsan
> <http://ehsanakhgari.org/>

Hi Ehsan, I'm guessing you're thinking of AudioChannelSplitter and
AudioChannelMerger?  These nodes are created with a specific number of
inputs/outputs.  Whether or not they are connected should not reflect the
values reported in .numberOfInputs or .numberOfOutputs

Chris