Re: Resolution to republish MSP as a note

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:31:17 -0700
To: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Cc: Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com>, public-audio@w3.org
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:56 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> But we already have intertwined audio/video on the web, both with media
> elements and WebRTC, so in my opinion we should design extending APIs
> accordingly.

I think we have a need for synchronized-source media elements, but I don't
think the video and audio are intertwined in terms of effects/pipeline.

> I share your concerns. But on the other hand I think we might even get
> where we're going faster if we just let go of the need for native nodes and
> the rest of the complexity that comes with them.

I don't understand the use of the word "complexity" here.  I think a
MSP+DSP-based architecture would be much MORE complex to use.

-Chris