Re: Resolution to republish MSP as a note

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 07:29:22 +0100
Cc: <public-audio@w3.org>
To: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Hi Jussi, hi all.

On 6 Aug 2012, at 19:31, Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
> With the recent disagreements on very fundamental design elements of the API, and now that we have more vendors aboard, I thought it might be a good time to revisit the decision of dropping development on the Media Streams Processing API and publishing it as a note.

While that is an option (with some serious consequences), let me remind the group that:

1) The decision to focus on the web audio API draft as a basis for our final spec was motivated by the significant industry traction / adoption, and

2) We published MediaStreamProcessing as a note with a view to use it as input into the web audio API. I know the two approaches are quite different, but I would rather see a genuine attempt at integrating the best of MSP in the Web Audio API than a complete u-turn.

--
Olivier