Re: Resolution to republish MSP as a note

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> I believe that if we strip all the native nodes from the Web Audio API,
> the MSP API offers a solution to far more problems than the Web Audio API.
> Not to mention that combined with Marcus' DSP API, even the performance
> benefits can at least be equaled in many cases.

Obviously, I'm not in favor of this (no surprise, I'm sure).  I would like
to ask, 1) how does the MSP API offer a solution to far more problems than
the WA API?  Other than the presumably more scalable latency, I don't see
how it's really any different; I think the concerns Peter raised were about
latency in using multiple JS nodes in WA, while still trying to use the
routing system in significant and interesting ways.  2) Can you elaborate
on how the performance can be "at least" equaled?  I don't see how you
expect to get significantly better performance than natively-implemented
code doing DSP operations on a separate high-priority thread.