Re: Help needed with a sync-problem

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Peter van der Noord
<peterdunord@gmail.com>wrote:

> I agree fully that it won't be what most developers want or need to do,
> the api will be used for games and site music/effects mostly, but creating
> custom nodes would be my primary focus. To be honest, the list of native
> nodes that i wanted to use has thinned out, due to some behaviours and
> implementations that were not appropriate for what i wanted. That's all
> fine by itself, but if i can't recreate them myself...

Have you filed issues on those behaviors and implementations?

> I personally don't think "a lot of people won't be using custom nodes
> anyway" is a good argument for not  implement them correctly. If they add
> lag, i can't use them.

ABSOLUTELY _NOT_ what I said.  I expressed concern that there seems to be a
lot of focus on using custom JS nodes, when quite frankly it's much easier
and more efficient (in CPU) to do the same tasks in native nodes in many
cases.  I have said before that I'd like to ensure that we make
script-implemented nodes work as well as possible; that doesn't mean that
because I think we should offer a good hammer there every problem is a nail.