Audio WG summary, 15-31 July 2012

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 15:44:14 +0100
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
This is a summary of WG activity (mailing-list, bugzilla and spec change sets) for the last two weeks of July 2012.

* The Web Audio API was re-published as a public Working Draft. Congrats to Chris and the group on another milestone.

* Our group's charter is under review. If you are working for a W3C member organisation, get your AC representative to review and vote on it.

* We do not yet have a resolution on the question of JavaScriptAudioNode processing in workers. The near-consensus towards a model where JavaScriptAudioNode processing should be done only in workers have been challenged by ChrisR.

* Marcus has written a proposal for a DSP API. The proposal was met with a lot of interest, and the draft is evolving based on the feedback received so far.

* A few threads got their fair share of discussions.
  - Adam started a discussion by sharing his experience writing a sequencer using the Web Audio API;
  - There were also a lot of discussions on how connections (and disconnections) work and should work.

* Finally I am happy to announce that Joe Berkovitz is joining me as co-editor of the Use Cases and Requirements document. Joe had already been a major contributor to the draft, and I expect that our joined effort should get us to Public Working Draft state within a few weeks.

Mark your calendars: the proposed date for our next teleconference is 22nd August. Contact me if you have a marked preference for, or can't make either of the two time slots we've mostly used so far.

Noon Boston: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2012&month=8&day=22&hour=16&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=43&p3=136&p4=291&p5=195&p6=237&p7=22
3PM Boston: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2012&month=8&day=22&hour=19&min=0&sec=0&p1=224&p2=43&p3=136&p4=291&p5=195&p6=237&p7=22