Thoughts about the AudioPanner

From: Peter van der Noord <peterdunord@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:37:56 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org
I wanted to use the panner, but was a little overwhelmed by the options
that the AudioPannerNode has. Two thoughts:

- I am only looking for a panner, and i'm expecting a node that has just
one property: a param that i can set from -1 to 1 or something like that
(and maybe an algorithm to choose from). The current AudioPanner can
probably be set up to do that, but it's not very inviting to say the least.
I could create a node that does what i want, but i think a native module
that simply does panning is a basic tool that a lot of users would expect.

- I think the name of the AudioPannerNode is misleading. It doesn't do
panning, it does spatialization. I'd suggest renaming it to
AudioSpatializerNode (and add an AudioPannerNode that that does panning)

Peter