Re: Reflections on writing a sequencer

From: Anthony Bowyer-Lowe <anthony@lowbroweye.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 09:05:21 +0100
To: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
The sequencer pre-roll paradigm as described by Joe is what I've been using
very happily.

Also, window.onblur/onfocus can be used to handle situations where the
requestAnimationFrame tick callback is inhibited due to your sequencer tab
not being visible in the foreground: by pausing the sequencer playback,
radically increasing it's pre-roll look-ahead duration and using a
throttled setTimeout instead, etc as needed.

Anthony.