Re: Wavetable example?

On 21/07/2012 21:13, Peter van der Noord wrote:
> Can anybody give a quick and short example of the creation of a
> wavetable? I did some reading about wavetables, and as i understand
> it, you can specify the harmonics for the wave-cycle, but i'm not sure
> how it works and what the params do exactly

If you set the cos wave to [0, 1] and the sin wave to [0, 0] you just
get a pure sine wave.

If you flipped those two around you still get a sine wave, but it's
rotated 90' in phase.

If the waves are [0, 0, 1] and [0, 0, 0] you get a sine wave at double
the harmonic frequency.

For each component "n" in the two tables the amplitude of the frequency
(f * n) is proportional to sqrt(cos_table[n]^2 + sin_table[n]^2)

The phase is atan2(sin_table[n], cos_table[n])

At least that's how I understand it :)

Ray