Re: Removing a buffer from the context

From: Raymond Toy <rtoy@google.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:00:51 -0700
To: Peter van der Noord <peterdunord@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Peter van der Noord
<peterdunord@gmail.com>wrote:

> What kind of buffer are you talking about?  AudioBufferSourceNode?
>

> Not the node, just a buffer that you create with context.createBuffer()

You mean context.createBufferSource()? That returns an
AudioBufferSourceNode.  I think normal JS rules follow.  JS will remove it
when all references are gone, but internally, the buffer will stay around
until it's done playing, at which time it will be removed, if there are no
other references to it.

Ray