Re: Thoughts and questions on the API from a modular synth point of view

From: Peter van der Noord <peterdunord@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:25:06 +0200
To: public-audio@w3.org
> Couldn't a sync be implemented as an a-rate AudioParam? Every positive
> zero-crossing of the param would reset the phase of the oscillator.

> /Marcus

My suggestion would be a new type of parameter, let's say a GateParameter,
which does the interpretation of the signal into a few gate-states/events
(gate_on, gate_off, gate_high, gate_low) by itself. all modules can use
these to hook functionality into, and you would have a unified way of
triggering events though a signal.

Peter