Internal loop points (Was: thoughts and questions on the API from a modular synth point of view)

Chris W,

Just as an FYI we had previously categorized these internal loop points as a V1 feature at the face-to-face in January and Chris R has indicated an intention to implement them in past conversations.  Not that I speak for him -- I am happy to wait for Chris Rogers to return before discussing more.

I have implemented ADSR and ADHSR software samplers in the past and so I understand the mechanics well. I was not saying that attack phase was the only important phase -- only that it is a unique phase of note production in that it requires a special segment of audio separate from the loop that underlies decay/hold/sustain/release phases.  The internal loop point mechanism is in fact the only feature gap preventing a full ADHSR sampler from being created in Web Audio, since all the other aspects are fully achievable using time-varying gain and filter parameters.

I have filed this issue in the past as Bug 17390 (and originally it was AUDIO_ISSUE_12).

Best,

...Joe