Web audio api - ambisonics

From: Matthew Paradis <Matthew.Paradis@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 16:39:12 +0100
To: <public-audio@w3.org>
Hello!

I apologise if this has already been answered.

I am looking to put together some demonstrators to do real time decoding of b format using the web audio api.

The spec currently states that the maximum channels is 6 (to support 5.1). Is this likely to be increased or can it be user defined.  I'm looking at some "with height" applications requiring 8 speakers.

Of course I may have completely misunderstood the channels situation

Best

Matt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/