some feedback for the new WD of Web Audio API

From: Wei, James <james.wei@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 03:24:59 +0000
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
I went through the whole spec and here is some feedback:

About the spec:

1.       Multiple destinations support

a)         Is it meaningful to support multiple destinations? Currently only one destination supported.

2.       Is AudioGain in AudioBuffer redundant?

a)         I saw many AudioGains in may places. Is it redundant for AudioBuffer to have a gain?

3.       Ratio in DynamicCompressorNode.

a)         In the interface, it is said to be unit-less, while in the attributes description, it is decibel.

4.       Name of AudioChannelMerger/Splitter.

a)         It is not consistent with other AudioNode. Should it be AudioChannelMergerNode? It seems there are some discussion about it before, but I cannot find it.

Format/Grammar issues:

1.       Indention for 4.6 AudioGain. If it is 4.6, it should be aligned with 4.5 and 4.7. Or it should be 4.5.3.

2.       In 1.3, DynamicProcessorNode has no link

3.       // For implementation (in?) WebKit this will be:

4.       Typo: analsis in RealtimeAnalyserNode attributes description of fftSize.

Thanks

Best Regards

James