Re: Advice on the convolver node

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:30 AM, Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk> wrote:

> My question - is it possible to set the convolver buffer from a regular
> javascript array? For example to generate the impulse response using
> Math.sin()?

Yes, you can do this.  Something like the following should work:

    var convolver = context.createConvolver();

    convolver.buffer = myImpulseResponse();

where myImpulseResponse can be something like:

function myImpulseResponse() {
    var audioBuffer = context.createBuffer(1, sampleFrameLength,
context.sampleRate);

    var n = audioBuffer.length;
    var data = audioBuffer.getChannelData(0);

    <fill data array with your desired impulse response>

   return audioBuffer;
}

Ray