Re: Use-case for audio/video track mixing with ducking effect

Hello everyone,

I looked again at our most recent use cases (UC-14 and UC-15) and
started looking at their relevant requirements.

http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#UC-14:_User_Control_of_Audio

http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#UC-15:_Video_commentary

The mapping of these use cases to our existing requirements is quite
straightforward, but I believe we may need to capture new requirements too.

For UC-14, how do we capture the fact that the control is given to a
local script? How would that impact the question of whether the
processing is done by a worker or the main thread?

For UC-15, the main new requirement is that the audio track from a video
played from the <video> element is being processed (in this case,
ducking). We already have requirements about the variety of sources of
audio, but do we need to explicitely add one about the ability to
extract and process audio from video streams?

http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#Sources_of_audio

Thanks,
Olivier

--