Re: Web Workers

To come back to the subject of doing audio processing outside workers, I
was almost convinced that it's OK to force people to use a worker for it,
because it's a good practice. But then I realized that if we do so, we make
a few use cases inherently harder. The person writing the code that
interfaces with the Audio API may not have the luxury of choice in the
matter. A few examples:

 * A game console emulator. If the console runs everything in a single
thread, you're going to be in serious trouble if you're trying to isolate
the audio processing into a separate thread. Game console emulation is hard
enough as it is.
 * We mustn't forget that the web is increasingly becoming a compilation
target, so the code running may be a port of existing code designed for a
completely different environment.

Cheers,
Jussi