Re: MIDI files and streams

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 10:29:00 +0100
To: public-audio@w3.org

Hi all,

I think the web should support MIDI at two levels:
1. it should support the playing of SMFs in the <audio> tag
2. it should support the Javascript interface I'm rooting for.

I think that Phil is talking about an SMF authoring tool, and that Joe
is right to ask that that tool should use seconds to describe the
durations of events. The tool would have to *write* SMFs in terms of
MIDI "tempo" and "ticks", because that's how SMFs do things, but the
author ought to think simply in terms of seconds.

all the best,
James

--
www.james-ingram-act-two.de