Web Workers

From: Alistair MacDonald <al@signedon.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:34:31 -0500
To: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <rocallahan@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
Hi Chris R., ROC,

A some questions as I am working on the Spec Differences documentation:

ROC, I noticed I could not get access to audio data with the MediaStreams
API without using a Worker thread (using your recent builds and demos).
Jussi said he believes this the case too. Could you confirm this? If so -
is this by-design? I am trying to figure out whether there is a technical
suggestion of dropping JavaScript Processing of audio data from the
main-thread all-together, or is this was merely a matter of tackling the
Worker code as a priority.

Chris R., Where do we currently stand with Workers and the WebAudio API? It
looks like there has been a lot of great detail going in at the design
level, do we have an implementation that can use Workers yet? (Apologies if
there already is and I've missed it)

Thanks,

--
Alistair MacDonald