Web Workers

From: Alistair MacDonald <al@signedon.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:34:31 -0500
To: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <rocallahan@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
Hi Chris R., ROC,

A some questions as I am working on the Spec Differences documentation:

ROC, I noticed I could not get access to audio data with the MediaStreams
API without using a Worker thread (using your recent builds and demos).
Jussi said he believes this the case too. Could you confirm this? If so -
is this by-design? I am trying to figure out whether there is a technical
suggestion of dropping JavaScript Processing of audio data from the
main-thread all-together, or is this was merely a matter of tackling the
Worker code as a priority.

Chris R., Where do we currently stand with Workers and the WebAudio API? It
looks like there has been a lot of great detail going in at the design
level, do we have an implementation that can use Workers yet? (Apologies if
there already is and I've missed it)

Alistair MacDonald
SignedOn, Inc - W3C Audio WG
Boston, MA, (707) 701-3730