Re: audio delay node max delay time

From: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:01:55 -0800
To: Yotam Mann <yotammann@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Yotam Mann <yotammann@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am wondering why the maximum delay time allowed is 1 second for the
> DelayNode object. There is a note that says that time is arbitrary.
>
> is there anyway to get around that limitation other than stringing a
> series of delay nodes together?

Hi Yotam, we could potentially fix this limitation by allowing the maximum
delay time to be specified in the "constructor":

So the AudioContext createDelayNode() method could take an optional max
delay time which is greater than 1 second.  Although this value could be
somewhat greater than 1 second, we may want to consider some reasonable
(but large) upper limit, since it does consume memory.

Chris