Re: Standardizing audio "level 1" features first?

From: Olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:37:56 +0000
To: "Wei, James" <james.wei@intel.com>
CC: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Colin Clark <colinbdclark@gmail.com>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>

On 10/02/2012 09:13, Wei, James wrote:
> +1 with “and I also think not taking advantages of native capabilities
> in such a processing-intensive field would be as naive as saying "2D
> canvas will suffice, we don't need WebGL"..”
>
> IMHO, another reason that we should pay extra attention to the
> performance is that we should consider the usage of web audio on mobile
> platform.
>
> We should try our best to enable the same usage on mobile platform as
> the desktop.

Indeed. This is why we made sure to include the mention of usage on a
mobile device in at least one of our use cases:
http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#UC_2:_HTML5_game_with_audio_effects.2C_music

Can you think of other UCs where it would be relevant/important to think
in terms of mobile / limited hardware?

Cheers,
Olivier