Re: oscillators and the Web Audio API

From: Phil Burk <philburk@mobileer.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 12:43:12 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org

On 2/8/12 11:33 AM, Alistair MacDonald wrote:
> 1) How complicated would it be to add an OscillatorNode to the Native Graph?

I don't know how hard it is to modify WebKit. But the oscillator code is
fairly simple and I have implementations in 'C' and Java.

> 2) Are there any foreseeable complications/gotchas to doing this?

Purists could get bogged down in mathematical arguments about "proper"
band limiting or noise spectra. But if we can be content with simple
code that sounds pretty good then we can get it done quickly and easily.

Phil Burk