introduction Phil Burk

From: Phil Burk <philburk@mobileer.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 12:08:04 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hello,

I would like to contribute to the W3C audio spec. I met Doug Schepers at
NAMM and he suggested I join this list.

An introduction:

In 1992 I developed a DSP based modular audio system for the 3DO video
game console. In 1997 I developed a Java API for synthesis called JSyn
that used a native code unit generator engine. JSyn has since been
ported to pure Java. With Ross Bencina I started the PortAudio
cross-platform audio I/O library project.

For several years my company sold a Java Applet called ListenUp that was
used for recording and playing back voice messages in a web browser.
ListenUp was used for language testing and voice forums. I am currently
using ListenUp to develop an online dictation/transcription service.

I have also been working with Tom White and the MMA on a next-generation
music protocol similar to MIDI. My company also developed a MIDI
ringtone engine that was used in the Palm Treo and other devices.

I have also been contracting for the Sony PS3 runtime audio group for
several years.

So far I really like what I am seeing in the WebAudio SDK. I will study
it further and hope to offer some constructive comments.

Thanks,
Phil Burk