Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 15:44:23 -0800
To: "Tom White (MMA)" <lists@midi.org>
Cc: "Marat Tanalin | tanalin.com" <mtanalin@yandex.ru>, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, Joseph Berkovitz <joe@noteflight.com>, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>, public-audio@w3.org, Dom Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com
Yep, after I wrote that I started looking at the Audio Unit API a bit more,
and that is a possibility.  I should have said - there doesn't appear to be
a GM synth available on OSX as a MIDI device (at least, I don't see any
MIDI devices on a machine that doesn't have a hardware MIDI device
attached).