Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

IIRC - <bgsound> just forks off to Media Player, as *should* <object> and
<audio>.  I'm not totally sure what will happen in Metro browsing, where
they shut down a lot of extensibility points.

That's what I meant about other browsers - all the other major browsers
ship on OSX (and many on Linux, etc), where they couldn't rely on an SMF/GM
component being available.

Android does ship with SMF playback, and the Sonivox synthesizer; however,
they don't currently have it exposed with any MIDI APIs, only
file-playback. http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=8201.