Re: Adding MIDI APIs to Audio WG Charter (was: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases))

From: Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 12:03:32 +0000
To: public-audio@w3.org
On 02/02/2012 11:32, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Is there any good code
> available that could be adapted for this? It would be very helpful if
> someone investigated the viability of this approach.

Chris Rogers has built a basic, but very impressive in my opinion,
wavetable synthesizer using his API.

http://chromium.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/samples/audio/wavetable-synth.html

I think it could be adapted fairly easily to respond to note-on/off
messages to play a piece of sequenced music.

Cheers,

Chris