Re: getUserMedia use cases

May be we could have to distinguish two types of use cases for dealing
with this question ?

* A simple website (which need one simple input and/or output).
For those, a javascript introspection (for instance) of available
devices with their possibilities (can it records, plays, how many audio
inputs, audio output ...), and a Javascript way to select the good one
programatically if it meet the needs may be sufficient.
* An advanced website, like a DAWwebsite, which need more configuration
process from the user to route signals, select between available
inputs/outputs would also need a way to list available devices, and
could let the user to select the one he wants to use for audio(/video)
processing.

Like in old Flash files which required webcam input, and also like HTML5
geolocation, t he browser could ask the user to allow the detection and
selection of audio(/video) input / output that are available from
javascript ?

Regards,

Samuel Goldszmidt