Re: getUserMedia use cases

Hi, Robin-

Thanks for following up on-list!

On 1/30/12 11:39 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:

> as you probably know (or not!) there is ongoing work regarding media
> capture that is likely to be of interest to you. It is taking place
> as part of the Media Capture task force, the email address for which
> is public-media-capture@w3.org.

(FYI, Robin is one of the chairs of the Device APIs WG.)

> We've been working on a use cases document which you can find at:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/dap/raw-file/tip/media-stream-capture/scenarios.html

And the spec itself is here, right?
  http://dev.w3.org/2011/webrtc/editor/getusermedia.html

>  I think that it would be quite valuable if you were to take the time
> to make sure that what is being built over there works well for your
> needs, notably by checking that your requirements are properly
> captured.

As I mentioned on IRC, I believe we had discussed, a need not just for a
microphone, but for multiple line-ins (lines-in?), including different
mics, guitar pickups, etc.

Chris Rogers, did I get that right?  Can we work on a scenario and some
requirements for the DAP WG's Media Capture task force?  Olivier, Al,
can we add this to the next Audio telcon agenda?

Robin, Dom, would it make sense for the Audio WG to also participate in
that Media Capture task force?

Regards-
-Doug