Notes from f2f, day one

From: Olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:14:30 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org
Dear all,

A word of congratulations to those of us who made it to the face-to-face
meeting in LA. The first day of our meeting has been extremely fruitful,
with a lot of work on the Use Cases and Requirements document.
http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements

This work takes time, but we have made a lot of progress on reviewing
and enriching the use cases, and deriving key requirements from almost
2/3rds of the use cases so far. We expect to finish the use cases this
morning after a short demo session, and work in the afternoon on
grouping and prioritising the requirements in a way that can inform our
next steps regarding our specification(s).

There has been no formal decision yet, but we expect to publish the
resulting document as a Working Group Note. Other discussions included a
report by Doug on a successful presentation to the members of the MMA,
and the possibility of future work for this group, to bring MIDI to the
web and vice versa.

f2f participants: please review the shared minutes document when you
have a chance, and make sure the discussions have been captured fully
and accurately. I will clean it up and publish it on the wiki shortly
after he meeting.

For those who could not make it: you are being missed! Depending on our
progress this morning we might have a chance for a f2f+phone
conversation in the afternoon (1-3pm PST), find us on IRC
(irc.w3.org:6667 channel #audio) around that time for an update on the
agenda.

http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/F2F_Jan_2012#Agenda

Thank you,
Olivier