Re: UC 7 - Audio / Music Visualization

Steve,

That's great feedback, thanks!

Great to hear that iTunes is using a web-view to deliver some audio
features already. I did update my iTunes, Safari and download Deadmau5's
4x4=12 LP to check out the web view. Unfortunately all I see is a black
screen :(

> Firstly I wouldn't expect a webpage to provide a user with the ability to
> control buffer size since that would make for a rather poor user
> experience.  If the buffer size needs adjusting to cope for slower machines
> then ideally IMHO the underlying Audio API should be doing that completely
> transparently.  Failing that, there should be mechanisms in the Audio API
> to allow for the developer to adjust the buffer size in response to
> potential playback problems.

Yes you are probably right about that, especially in your particular
use-case. However, the ability to have some control over buffer sizes is
beneficial for the user in some cases such as music production/software
music synthesis.

Joe B., do you think it makes more sense to relate this particular feature
to the music production aspect of the use-cases?

> Secondly, not to denigrate the fantastic work of Mr. Doob, but Ro.me
> involved many more people than him - he was "just" the technical director
> on the project - the complete credits list includes over 100 different
> people.  It's arguably not even correct to describe it as a Google project,
> since several other companies participated, although they did lead the
> development.

Note, and updated the wiki:

http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#UC_7:_Audio_.2F_Music_Visualization

Thanks again Steve,