Re: Use Cases and Requirements document

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for your input for the Games use case / scenario. I am trying to
translate your input into the syntax we are using in the use
cases/requirements document, and have a few questions and notes below.

On 09/01/2012 13:05, Christoph Martens wrote:
> What comes on my mind for game requirements on audio is mostly:
>
> - Noises that you can overlay. Should be as easy as possible like having
> two different audio sprites.
> AudioNode.addOverlay(noise.mp3)

Is this requirement for audio overlay equivalent to playback + mixing of
sources? Or is there a specificity to overlay that would justify its own
requirement?

> - Multi-Channel 3D environment

Agreed. We have a stub for spatialisation effects in the document. Need
to be developed.
http://www.w3.org/2011/audio/wiki/Use_Cases_and_Requirements#Requirements

> - Native AudioSprite support

Sounds reasonable. I've added a stub in the requirement document about
it. Curious to hear more from the group about how to tackle this.

> - Buffering / Caching

Added a stub for this, too.

Thanks!
Olivier