Re: Comments on draft MIDI API

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 09:38:16 +0200
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Cc: Adam Goode <agoode@google.com>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, public-audio@w3.org
Le mercredi 27 juin 2012 à 09:22 -0700, Chris Wilson a écrit :
> Sorry, I/O has been taking all my attention lately - but I do want to
> underscore that there is a confusing difference between a "MIDIDevice"
> and a MIDI device (e.g. a rack-mount synthesizer unit).  MIDIDevice
> represents a MIDI interface - so the enumeration, for example, is
> enumerating the MIDI interfaces available, NOT polling the MIDI
> devices plugged into those interfaces.

Does that suggest that MIDIDevice should be renamed MIDIInterface? Also,
the spec doesn't make the distinction you're making; does that also mean
that the manufacturer/name/version info properties on the MIDIDevice
interface actually relate to the MIDI interface rather than to the
plugged devices?

Dom