Re: Comments on draft MIDI API

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 21:43:41 +0300
To: Adam Goode <agoode@google.com>
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, public-audio@w3.org
I've made a few changes based on the feedback [1]. I didn't yet add any
events to the MIDIAccess interface, I'll need to think more about what
events it should have and what don't make sense in the context of web apps.

I'm also thinking about changing the MIDIMessage into a dictionary as Dom
originally suggested. Dom, wouldn't it actually mean that for example with
sendMIDIMessage(MIDIMessage msg); you could use an EcmaScript Object that
would have those properties instead of it having to be an actual instance
of a MIDIMessage? I can see added ease of use in this, but then again, it's
used in the MIDIEvent as well, so it's a bit problematic.

Cheers,
Jussi

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/rev/563ce3b94a68