Re: What can we expect in the near future?

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 17:41:49 +0300
To: TJ <zoomclub@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
Hey TJ!

This group is also working on Web MIDI API [1], alongside with the Web
Audio API [2].

The Web MIDI API is a very simplistic approach, as opposed to the bloated
Java MIDI API. There's no notion of a sequencer, etc. as these are usually
best left as userland libraries (as you said), because we can't hope to
make a MIDI sequencer API that covers all the possible use cases in the
best possible way, nor does the browser API land enjoy the benefits of
userland libraries' quick fixability.

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/midi/specification.html
[2] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html