Re: Web Audio API questions and comments

From: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 13:02:54 +0200
To: "Joe Turner" <joe@oampo.co.uk>, "Anthony Bowyer-Lowe" <anthony@lowbroweye.com>
Cc: "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com>, public-audio@w3.org
Den 2012-06-21 12:21:40 skrev Anthony Bowyer-Lowe <anthony@lowbroweye.com>:

> (Of course, why you'd want to add a DC offset in the first place to an AC
> signal is something of mystery to me but exploratory DSP respects no
> limits.)

I believe this comes into good use when controlling some AudioParams (i.e.
using the output of an AudioNode as the input to an AudioParam), e.g. if
you want to use an LFO (whose original signal varies between -1 and +1)
for oscillating the frequency parameter of a filter between 8000 and 13400
Hz.

/Marcus

--
Marcus Geelnard