Re: Web Audio thoughts

From: Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 03:27:34 +0800
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
To: Ray Bellis <ray@bellis.me.uk>
> 1.  AudioParam variables
>
> There's no way I can see to have an AudioParam property in a
> JavascriptAudioNode and then have that node sample the parameter.  The
> JS node is very useful, but without access to AudioParam features it's
> kind of a second class citizen.

I have need for this as well and it feels odd to have to re-implement
an AudioParam's facilities given that it is sitting right there.

However, if you're desperate enough, there *is* an inefficient/ugly/kludgy
way to read an AudioParam into a JS node -

	signal with dc level 1 => GainNode => ChannelMerger => JSAudioNode

The AudioParam in the GainNode then becomes available as a signal you can
use within JSAudioNode. This way, you can access the parameter at a-rate
irrespective of whether it is set at a-rate or k-rate.

The dc signal can be generated using -

	Oscillator => WaveShaper(clamped at 1)

:)

-Kumar