Re: Audio-ISSUE-105 (MIDI timestamp resolution): timestamps in MIDI should use High Resolution Time [MIDI API]

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:19:02 -0700
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Cc: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>, Adam Goode <agoode@google.com>, public-audio@w3.org
I think the clock for MIDI actually has to be the system clock; the other
clock is tied to a particular AudioContext (and different audio contexts
may have different clocks, since independent audio interfaces might have
separate clocks/crystals).  I suppose it's possible we'd want to provide
AudioContext-hosted event at some point, but for now, I think the system
clock is the best place to host MIDI.