Re: comment about the Web Audio Processing UC and Reqs.

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 14:53:53 +0100
Cc: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>, Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>

On 1 Jun 2012, at 17:54, Chris Wilson wrote:

> I agree it would be a good idea to have a different UC&Req doc for the MIDI API.

I'm not convinced about the idea yet.

In my mind, we are dealing with "audio" use cases which will be made possible by a number of technologies, some of which we are developing, others not (HTML5, webRTC). Should we decide to have several UC&R docs, a lot of redundancy is likely.

There is, however, a good case to separate the requirements by technology. That could be done in separate sections of a single doc, or in separate documents. I'm not wed to one way or another, but do have a slight preference for collaboration on a single doc.

Olivier