Re: Group rechartering update (Was: [Agenda] W3C Audio WG Teleconference, 23rd May 2012)

From: olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:25:14 +0100
Cc: Audio Working Group <public-audio@w3.org>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
To: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Hi Philip,

On 23 May 2012, at 16:28, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> The timeline for Web Audio API looks very optimistic. Some groups require two independent implementations passing a test suite before going to REC

That's the W3C process rules, indeed.
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/tr.html#cfr

> and I believe this is a good model to follow. Given that we don't know of work on a second implementation or test suite being started, I'd be very surprised if we could reach that point only a year from now.

There is an early test effort which Chris Rogers mentioned a few times
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/0216.html
but I agree the process will take time, and we haven't heard much from the group members planning a second independent implementation yet.

Can you think of a scenario or two, and the kind of timing which would result from it?

Olivier