Re: [WebAudioAPI] connecting AudioNodes from different AudioContexts

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure that understand the use case here.  If we find one where this
> is absolutely necessary, then maybe we could relax this restriction.

Making things easier for authors when one library uses one AudioContext and
another library uses another AudioContext and the author decides they want
to connect them.

>> We'll have to figure something out for media stream and media element
>> integration with OfflineAudioContext anyway.
>>

> Yes, there are unique challenges if you're running faster (or slower) than
> real-time.  Some things won't make sense such as generating a real-time
> stream to be sent to a remote peer.  But that's ok.  The whole point of
> processing faster than real-time in an offline context is to render a mix
> or "bake" a complex processing effect/sequence to an AudioBuffer.

Sure, but you need to specify exactly what happens in those "cases that
don't make sense".

than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]