CodecNode

From: Young, Milan <Milan.Young@nuance.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 17:29:55 +0000
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm interested to know thoughts around adding a "CodecNode" to the proposed API.  This would be a terminal node that would convert the pipeline samples into one of the codecs supported natively by the browser.  This would be useful for applications that need to transmit or save the audio coming out of the pipeline.

Note that some codecs may not be able to provide a 1-1 mapping from samples in to chunks of data coming out.  I don't understand the framework well enough to know whether this would present any architectural challenges.

Thank you