Re: how to produce the sound of a car ?

From: Alistair MacDonald <al@signedon.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:00:35 -0400
To: Jerome Etienne <jerome.etienne@gmail.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
re: simple car engine, i would try something like...

Sample/generate some white noise.
Load and loop the sample in the browser.

Add a low pass filter with the biquad filter node:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html#BiquadFilterNode-section

Add some distortion with the waveshaper node:
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html#WaveShaperNode

Adjust the playback rate/pitch of the sound/grains to match revs.

--
Alistair MacDonald
SignedOn, Inc - W3C Audio WG